SHOULD have a search button, along with labels from your post. If a reader visits your blog and is looking for something in particular, and they cannot find it easily, they will get frustrated and leave. They don't want to spend a lot of time clicking categories. Adding a search button will be so helpful and make your readers very happy. Adding labels to each post will work in conjunction with the search bar.
The labels helps the search button. Write a few key words when adding labels....Not tons of words!
For example: You baked an apple pie. Use apple pie recipe...or easy apple pie.
Also, selecting your post titles is important! Search engines see titles as an indication of what each page is about, so adding some keywords is very helpful.
I myself have gotten frustrated visiting many blogs, knowing I couldn't find a recipe or project.
Blogger has made it easy to add a search button to your blog. many Blogger templates do not have search buttons.
Instructions for Blogger:
1. Log into your Blogger.com account.
2. Click the Layout tab from your blog Dashboard.
3. Click Page Elements.
4. Click Add a Gadget above the section you want to put your search box in.
5. Click Search Box.
6. Type Search this site (or whatever you want) in the Title box or leave it blank.
7. Click save
8. Click Preview
9. Now, drag this search button gadget to wherever you want it on your blog.
10. Click save arrangement, when you have it where you want it.
If the above Blogger search button quits working, then use this:
Create a Blogger search widget
In the Title field, enter Search or something similar. In Content, paste the following code:
Hit Save and position the widget in the desired location.
<form action="search" name="input" method="get">
<input value="Search" name="q" size="20" type="text"/>
<input value="Go!" type="submit"/>
How to Add Beautiful Search Boxes to Blogger
- Login to Blogger Dashboard -> Design tab -> Page Elements .
- Click on Add a Gadget where you wish to place Search Box.
Now you have a pretty search button. I hope this tutorial helps many people adding features that are important.