It's definitely time to grill, eat corn on the cob and potato salad.
It's amazing how many variations there is. Here's my take:
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 1 small diced dill pickles
- 1 small diced sweet pickles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt to taste
- ( 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar & 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup mayonnaise
1. Place the potatoes into a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 20 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain. Cool, peel and dice. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with the onion, celery, 1 teaspoon of salt, and hard-cooked eggs. 2. While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together 2 eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Stir in the vinegar, milk, and mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the butter. Refrigerate until cool, then stir in the mayonnaise and celery seed. 3. Stir the dressing into the bowl of potato salad gently until evenly coated. Chill several hours or overnight before serving for best flavor. sometimes I add Bacon to it.
I garnished the glass with paprika and added a celery stick.
Enjoy. This dressing is very creamy.
I am linking up with the following blogs:
Totally Tasty Tuesday
Try A New Recipe Tuesday
Recipe Round Up